List Of Construction Tickets Australia

You are currently viewing List Of Construction Tickets Australia

Whether you have been in construction for years, or you’re new to the industry, it’s important to make sure you have the right construction tickets to work. There is a range of tickets depending on what job you are looking to do. So, we’re going to check out a list of construction tickets for Australia.

The construction ticket needed for construction work across Australia is a white card. It shows that you have the required education and training for work on a construction site. Alongside a white card, there are high-risk work, elevated platforms, traffic control tickets and more for different jobs.

Below we have a list of common construction tickets for construction work in Australia.

List of construction tickets

The white card

The white card in Australia is the one ticket you absolutely need in order to work in construction. Without the white card, you cannot enter a job site. The white card is what shows employers that you have the education and training required to work a job site. The good thing about obtaining your white card is that you complete a course and take one test. Then your card will permit you to work on construction sites across the whole country until it expires.Construction tickets other than a white card

To get a white card, you need to complete general construction induction training. The main course is listed as ‘Work safely in the construction industry’ (CPCCWHS1001) and needs to be completed through a registered training organisation (RTO). There are both online and face-to-face options at affordable prices to ensure you get a white card for your work.

You will need to provide all of your card details to employers and labour hire companies when applying/undertaking construction work.

High-risk work licenses

A high-risk work license is required for work with higher danger such as scaffolding, dogging and rigging work. You can obtain a high-risk work license through an RTO that is listed on the National Register of Vocational Education and Training. When you pass the training, you can apply for your high-risk work license through your local WHS regulator. This needs to be done within 60 days of completing your training. Your license will be valid for the following five years. When it expires, you have 12 months to renew it otherwise you need to complete the training again.

It’s important to note that there are different classes of high-risk work which will influence the level of the license you need to get. Talk to your contractor to find out what regulations your license needs to meet and make sure that you have all of the correct training.

Working at heights tickets

A working at heights ticket is usually required for any work that is higher than two metres from the ground. They are most popular for those working in electricity, as a building developer, or on high beams. A course needs to be completed to earn this ticket, involving theory and face-to-face practice. The course covers the following aspects:High risk construction tickets

  • Height work requirements decided by legislation and organisations.
  • Identifying risks and hazards at different heights.
  • Risk analysis of every hazard.
  • Emergency response and hazard management principles when working at heights.
  • Common elevated work area, practices, and equipment hazards.
  • The six levels of hazard control measures.
  • Safely setting up, inspecting and using height protection equipment.
  • The maintenance and care for safety equipment when working at heights.

Confined space entry ticket

The confined space entry ticket is required for anyone who needs to work in small spaces. This ticket is needed for work in tanks, manholes, pipelines, and shafts. Most jobs working in smaller spaces where only a few workers may fit at a time will require this ticket.

The confined space entry ticket is earned through an RTO course and is valid across all of Australia. The course is registered as ‘Enter and work in confined spaces’ (RIIWHS202E). There is no government requirement for a renewal, but the industry standard is to renew this ticket every 24 months. This can be done by completing a refresher course, rather than an introduction course.

Elevated work platforms ticket

An elevated work platforms ticket is often confused with a working at heights ticket, but it is its own license. This training prepares a worker to operate machinery that elevates, such as scissor lifts. Obtaining this construction ticket can be done by attending a one-day training course and successfully completing the assessments. Some courses merge training and allow you to gain a high-risk ticket alongside your elevated work ticket at the same time.

An elevated work platforms ticket (EWT) is valid for five years from the date of assessment.

Traffic control tickets

There are two traffic control tickets to obtain before working on construction sites and being involved with any of the traffic. These tickets are two different courses but can be completed together. The first course is ‘Traffic control with stop/slow bat’ (RIIWHS205E) which is the introduction to directing traffic according to the worksite traffic plan. The main areas of focus for this course are:what is a traffic control ticket

  • Preparing to control traffic.
  • Controlling traffic and operating communication devices.
  • Conducting traffic control housekeeping duties.

The second course is ‘Implement traffic management plans’ (RIIWHS302E). You can get this ticket without needing the other, but your responsibilities will only focus on the management of planning, rather than traffic control. The main areas of focus for this traffic control ticket are:

  • Preparing to implement traffic management.
  • Setting out a traffic guidance scheme.
  • Monitoring a traffic guidance scheme.
  • Closing down work activities.

Most traffic control tickets are valid for a 3-year period before you need to complete a refresher course. This is an important course to undertake when you are involved with any traffic control because you are working with large machinery such as telehandlers.

Asbestos removal ticket

Some construction projects, such as demolition work, require workers to remove asbestos, but because of the risk involved, they need an asbestos removal license. The training ensures you have all the information and skills to keep yourself and others safe when removing asbestos. There are different classes of this license.

A class A asbestos removal license permits the removal of friable asbestos, non-friable asbestos, and asbestos-contaminated dust.

A class B asbestos removal license permits the removal of non-friable asbestos and asbestos-contaminated dust associated with the removal of friable asbestos.

These licenses are valid for 5 years.

The above list is some of the most common construction tickets in Australia. You won’t need to obtain all of them, only the ones specific to the construction work you are planning to do. If you’re not sure of what tickets you need, speak to your site manager and contractor. For any construction work, make sure you have an in-date white card at the very least!

If you’re looking for general labour work, check out our Canberra Labour Hire job board.