About this Carpentry Assistant / Labouring Role
Exciting opportunity with an immediate start for the sharpest chip off the block. Our client has a requirement for 3 experienced Carpenter Assistants- General Carpentry Labourers. On their behalf, Canberra Labour Hire is seeking workers who are experienced, takes initiative and are reliable. This position is for 5-10 days of work, 8 hours per day with long term work on offer through Canberra Labour Hire for the right individuals.
Carpenters Labourer Job Canberra, Essential Criteria
The successful applicant must have:
- White Card,
- ACT Asbestos Awareness Certificate,
- own transportation, and
- Hardworking , reliable and punctual
There is approximately two weeks work with this assignment and an opportunity for ongoing work through Canberra Labour Hire. The job has already begun! The best candidates will be started right away!
- Hours: 40 per week
- Expected Start Date: Immediate
- Job Types: Full-time
- Salary: $29.50 per hour
- Long term work on offer for the right people
Carpenter Assistants provide support to licensed Carpenters and help them complete projects in time and within budget. The most sought-after skills in a Carpenter Assistant are physical strength and attention to detail.
In this role you may carry out a variety of tasks such as:
- assembling and taking down wood structures and fixtures,
- repairing damaged areas when needed.
- measuring lengths, cutting wood, and holding beams while they are secured into place
- operate a variety of machines and tools to cut materials and assemble wood.
- sands surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
- carry panels, lumber and tools from transport vehicles to work areas, and
- erect scaffolding and braces for roofing and other contractors
Please submit your resume if you are interested in this role by calling 0433704567
Not what you are looking for? Click here to go back to Jobs Board Listings
Canberra Chippy Labourer Job Available
Canberra Labour Hire provides chippie companies across Canberra in suburbs such as Gungahlin, Tuggeranong, Woden, Belconnen. Our employees may work in both residential and commercial work sites, offering a diverse and interesting career in the local area.